Friday, January 8, 2010

RESCUE: LOS ANGELES EMERGENCY : NEEDS OUT TODAY OR DIES : "My life is in your hands" : Huckleberry Hound A1083928

PLEASE RE-TWEET: RT @sepetrescue RESCUE: Los Angeles EMERGENCY-URI NEEDS OUT TODAY OR DIES : Huckleberry Hound A1083928 http://bit.ly/6TokAs

CONTACT:
South L.A. shelter
(213) 485-0117 or -0119.
For rescues, call Tomika (323) 270-4047.


MY LIFE IS IN YOUR HANDS TODAY --


I'VE FOUGHT TO SURVIVE. PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T LET ME DIE NOW.

I'M A GOOD BOY -- EVEN OFFICER PERKINS SAID SO.

I wash my hands before eating. I wait patiently -- even though I am starving. I'm all bones but -- I'm all love.
Huckleberry (A1083928, male 4 year old hound mix, red-listed on January 4th for medical reasons) was brought in from the streets weighing only 76 pounds, though should probably be closer to 100. Scars, scabs from concrete, filthy coat -- having probably lived under cars -- he now has pneumonia and needs immediate vet care. This amazing, gentle dog who walks through the kennels, meets dogs who want to tear him apart, perks up his ears at the little ones barking but doesn't react -- must find his angel today. We had a choice -- knowing that he has little chance -- to network him or not. There was no way to ignore his plight. We are absolutely in love with him and want his life spared. If you see what we see in this large lovable huggable hunk of Huckleberry, please call the South L.A. shelter AT ONCE!!! (213) 485-0117 or -0119. For rescues, Tomika is at (323) 270-4047.

And please let me know. This one is very important to Mindy (who takes all the utterly exceptional photographs and spends hours working on them) and me. Andrea ivegonetothedogs@gmail.com (323) 363-4909

No comments: